- Saturday, January 1, 1994
- Foreign Body Aspiration Among Palestinian Children
- Published at:Not Found
A review of the records of 110 children admitted to Makassed Hospital between 1986 and 1992, with the diagnosis of foreign body aspiration.
- 74% of the cases were between nine months and three years of age.
- The male to female ratio was 3:2.
- Most foreign bodies were lodged in the right main bronchus.
- The most common foreign bodies were melon seeds.
- The most common presenting features were chocking and / or acute respiratory distress.
- Overall mortality rate was 1.8%.
Bull. Palest. Ch. Soc., 1:1, 47-55, 1994, 8 pp.